Hello from California

Andrei Puhach

Hello from California

Mensaje por Andrei Puhach » Dom Oct 25, 2015 5:41 am

Hi, I have already posted an introduction on the English forum here: http://www.classicalguitardelcamp.com/v ... 1#p1062770
I'm registering here so that I can take exams.
Hello, my name is Andrei. Originally I'm from Belarus (my first language is Russian), now I live in California and do software engineering.

I've been studying the classical guitar for about 5 years (when I was 25), but only about a year ago I started practicing seriously and regularly (every day 1-2 hours).
I'm still a lower-intermediate - intermediate player but acquiring good technical skills takes time, right? I believe I have enough patience to overcome all the difficulties I currently have: move gradually from easy to challenging, focus on difficult exercises or pieces with a lot of repetitions day after day, no rush, no noodling around. Patience and hard work. That will pay off, I know :)

I have never had and classical guitar teachers. I follow a Russian self-education guitar school course which takes 3-6 years to complete (if you practice a minimum of 1-2 hours a day). The course is very comprehensive and complete explaining all subtleties in depth. So, I believe I'm on the right track :)

When I was a child I play the accordion as part of my 5 year music education program. I also played the guitar very little (just knew 3-4 chords). But only after 25 I started learning Classical Guitar (the real thing).

I'm interested in classical music, early/classical guitar music and any other music which sounds beautiful when played on CG. I'm building my skills so that I can play Bach, Tarrega, Barrios, Albeniz etc. I desperately want their masterpieces to be part of my repertoire :)

My favorite pieces I can play (well, not perfectly of course) are:
- Air (Bach) arr. Per-Olov Kindgren
- Ave Maria (Shubert) arr. Chet Atkins
I think I'll post my playing later.

I'd like to learn and master Capricho Arabe by Tarrega but I won't start it until my technical skills are good enough. It means 2-3 years of practicing and playing other easier pieces.

I'll definitely take a look at the Lessons presented on the website after I complete my self-education program.

Miguel L. Marcos
Moderador
Moderador

Re: Hello from California

Mensaje por Miguel L. Marcos » Dom Oct 25, 2015 2:55 pm

Welcome !!

Just remember to publish another message, so you can join the 002-messages group.

Greetings!!

:bye:
73s / Saludos, Miguel L.
Guitarra Clásica Alhambra modelo 6P + Cuerdas
Vivo en: España (UTC+1). Hablo más o menos: (Español) (English) (ein wenig Deutsch) Con traductor: (Français)

Andrei Puhach

Mensaje por Andrei Puhach » Mié Feb 10, 2016 9:45 pm

This is too keep my account active

Andrei Puhach

Mensaje por Andrei Puhach » Dom Abr 03, 2016 12:18 am

Exams are coming soon! That's exciting!

Volver a “English”