D03 Exam piece 2017

DaveMoutrie
Alumno de los cursos en linea

Re: D03 Exam piece 2017

Mensaje por DaveMoutrie » Mié May 17, 2017 4:03 pm

chu bun escribió:
Mié May 17, 2017 5:15 am
My first decent clip at the final piece. Please comment.

Youtube
Very nicely played Chu - I just wish I could get mine as error free as yours. Could it be time to start working on the dynamics now that you can play it so well?

:bravo:

DaveMoutrie

Mensaje por DaveMoutrie » Mié May 17, 2017 4:17 pm

David Sainz Alvarez escribió:
Mié May 17, 2017 8:46 am
There is my crazy version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rDzItaZ3fY :pace:
:bye:
Coming along very nicely David you have less errors than me, though it is a little fast for my taste. I can see you are starting to get some nice dynamics - playing soft and loud. I also think the rallantando works very well.

You have some nice tunes on your You tube channel -is it OK if I subscribe to your channel?

Would sound even better if you tune your guitar before you record next time.

:wink:

DaveMoutrie

Mensaje por DaveMoutrie » Mié May 17, 2017 5:48 pm

Here is my latest attempt at the waltz - still far too many errors and I forgot to repeat the B section.

Youtube

David Sainz Alvarez

Mensaje por David Sainz Alvarez » Mié May 17, 2017 7:16 pm

Of course, what happens is that I have 2 channels of youtube. :D
On the test do not play so fast. I have recorded three times this morning and I have chosen this version.

David Sainz Alvarez

Mensaje por David Sainz Alvarez » Mié May 17, 2017 7:18 pm

Can not see your video

DaveMoutrie

Mensaje por DaveMoutrie » Mié May 17, 2017 7:38 pm

Mié May 17, 2017 7:18 pm
Can not see your video
Thank you David, I had a problem with my connection and You tube would not publish - should be OK now though.

David Sainz Alvarez

Mensaje por David Sainz Alvarez » Mié May 17, 2017 8:15 pm

Yes now.
You've made a freer version, your way. I like it.
The main thing is there

David Sainz Alvarez

Mensaje por David Sainz Alvarez » Jue May 18, 2017 6:52 pm

I deleted the video I posted yesterday.
I'm sorry

chu bun

Mensaje por chu bun » Jue May 18, 2017 11:22 pm

Dave,

I enjoy listening to your clip, very smooth. If there were errors, I didn't hear them.
Do we need to repeat the sections on the second round? I checked the clips on youtube and people play AA BB CC DD A B.

DaveMoutrie

Mensaje por DaveMoutrie » Vie May 19, 2017 5:08 am

Jue May 18, 2017 6:52 pm
I deleted the video I posted yesterday.
I'm sorry
Hey, no need to apologise David or delete your version for that matter - you play pretty good. We all make errors - just recognise them, practice some more and then re-record. All part of the learning process.

I look forward to hearing your next version,

:D
Última edición por DaveMoutrie el Vie May 19, 2017 5:24 am, editado 1 vez en total.

DaveMoutrie

Mensaje por DaveMoutrie » Vie May 19, 2017 5:18 am

chu bun escribió:
Jue May 18, 2017 11:22 pm
Dave,

I enjoy listening to your clip, very smooth. If there were errors, I didn't hear them.
Do we need to repeat the sections on the second round? I checked the clips on youtube and people play AA BB CC DD A B.
Thanks Chu, but I stumbled a few times and I'm pretty sure I missed out a repeat.

I was wondering about the repeats the second time around myself. I though that the A section was repeated the second time around, but the B section was not because the Fine comes before the repeat sign - so it would be AA BB CC DD AA B - but then I could be wrong.

Andrei Puhach

Mensaje por Andrei Puhach » Vie May 19, 2017 3:13 pm

DaveMoutrie escribió:
Vie May 19, 2017 5:18 am
chu bun escribió:
Jue May 18, 2017 11:22 pm
Dave,

Thanks Chu, but I stumbled a few times and I'm pretty sure I missed out a repeat.

I was wondering about the repeats the second time around myself. I though that the A section was repeated the second time around, but the B section was not because the Fine comes before the repeat sign - so it would be AA BB CC DD AA B - but then I could be wrong.
I also don't understand why it is played AA BB CC DD A B rather than AA BB CC DD AA B
Is it denoted in notation somehow? Or it is just how 'Fine' works with the repetition sign?

DaveMoutrie

Mensaje por DaveMoutrie » Sab May 20, 2017 7:49 am

My italian is a little rusty, but as for as I'm aware Da Capo al Fine (D.C. al Fine) means from the beginning to the end - or the word end - so you just follow everything in the music from the beginning to the word Fine.

Unless of course anyone knows any different.

DaveMoutrie

Mensaje por DaveMoutrie » Dom May 21, 2017 5:00 pm

Here is where I am at with the Carulli Valse at the moment. As you can see I have put the music away completely now so that I can concntrate more on the sound I am making and the overall shape of the piece without the distraction of looking at the notes I am playing. The format is: AA BB CC DD AA B which as far as I have been able to acertain is the correct way of playing it.

Still working on it as I'm not sure its good enough for the exam yet. Any comments, constructive critisism etc., would be most welcome.

Thank you for listening.

Youtube

Andrei Puhach

Mensaje por Andrei Puhach » Lun May 22, 2017 8:30 pm

DaveMoutrie escribió:
Dom May 21, 2017 5:00 pm
Here is where I am at with the Carulli Valse at the moment. As you can see I have put the music away completely now so that I can concntrate more on the sound I am making and the overall shape of the piece without the distraction of looking at the notes I am playing. The format is: AA BB CC DD AA B which as far as I have been able to acertain is the correct way of playing it.

Still working on it as I'm not sure its good enough for the exam yet. Any comments, constructive critisism etc., would be most welcome.

Thank you for listening.

Youtube
Clean and beautiful, pleasure to listen. Great tone also. In section 3 (measure 21), section 4 (measures 25-27) there are rest signs for the bass line meaning damps. But your legato throughout sounds better to me :)
I think you are more than ready for the exam :)
Personally I tend to play it much slower, but I like your version very much.

How do you manage to make it noise-free? Post-processing, some special mic settings or simply a super-quiet room?

Volver a “English”