Greetings from Cornwall

DaveLloyd

Greetings from Cornwall

Mensaje por DaveLloyd » Vie Jul 28, 2017 5:38 pm

Hi Everyone!

Hello from wet and windy Cornwall in the UK. :D

I played classical guitar — very badly! — when I was young, in the sixties and seventies. I've been trying to get back into it since the beginning of 2014, but life has a habit of getting in the way.

This year I'm hoping to summon up all my courage, and make the commitment, to take part in the online lessons on Professor DelCamps wonderful forums. Who knows, there might even be the possibility to learn some Spanish at the same time. That would be a great bonus!

Dave

Stewart Doyle
Alumno de los cursos en linea

Re: Greetings from Cornwall

Mensaje por Stewart Doyle » Lun Ago 28, 2017 9:47 am

Welcome Dave, I can recommend the online lessons as a good way to motivate yourself to practice. A dedicated teacher you connect with will always be better but that's not always possible to find or fund. I've enjoyed my way slowly progressing from D03, repeating a year a few times after reaching a bit of a plateau. I'm about to start D06 here which I think is going to be really tough. It will take me more than a week to sight-read most of the pieces!
PS Most of our family summers were spent in Cornwall, with only the occasional wet and windy day spoiling the glorious days in the sea, on the beach or walking the coastline.

Lysiane Chantre

Re: Greetings from Cornwall

Mensaje por Lysiane Chantre » Lun Ago 28, 2017 10:23 am

Hi Dave ! :bye: I'm on the french forum (I'm French), but I sometimes give an ear to the "english speaking" forum. I like better spanish an south american repertoire, and Marieh :discussion: gives us many pretty partitions. I don't follow the lessons since I am lucky to attend to a Music school in my village south-west of France. These days, even at 7 pm, we have more than 40 degrees outside !...I've just closed all doors and windows to keep the house fresh (around 26). Difficult to play with hands sweaty, :limaeunghie: although I'm working on a beautiful "Tango paraguayen" (see Marieh, and on YT Alain Bauer), and "Soledad" by Stefan Oser :mouton: ...Hear you soon ! :casque: :delcamp_fiesta:

Volver a “English”